Tuesday 17 April 2012

4X4 inchie Quilt

On AFTCM we are doing another 4X4 swap, this time being an inchie quilt block. I tried several different stamps for this but was not happy with any of them.

For the base I took a piece of black cardstock that I had underneath another project while spraying Smooch Spritz and Glimmer Mists, and added some other colours of Smooch Spritz to it. I ran it through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

I found some scrapbook paper that Tolegranny sent me which looked like the Tim Holtz alcohol ink Splatter technique. Since it was a thin paper I glued it to a piece of cardstock then punched out the squares with a 1" punch. After attaching them to the background I felt that it still needed something, so I had some stars that came off of a die cut border sitting in a dish. I added one to the centre then sporadically around the squares.

Hope my partner likes my creation.

No comments: