Friday 14 January 2011

Secret Santa Gift

On Artventures I participated in a Secret Santa swap where we made one gift and send it to our partner in time for Christmas. My partner was Maggi and I decided on a Christmas theme gift.

I had watched a video on the Hero Arts site where the designer used a switch plate to make an ornament and thought I would try something similar.

I had an old double switch plate cover that my DH gave me, so I covered it with some beautiful Poinsettia scrapbook paper by Magenta . I added some vellum snowflake paper to the background for the inserts.

I stamped and embossed  the little Christmas tree (Hero Arts)added a few pearls as ornaments and attached it to the background. Added some gold snowflakes and the alphabets chipboard which were covered with Glitter Ritz glitter.

I then coloured the little elf from Ezee Pzee, put some coloured paper behind his eyes and ears, then added beads for his nose and the package, and a pearl to his hat.

This is  at it's new home with Maggi, who had it displayed over the Christmas season.

3 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

This is adorable Rena. Love your arch also!

Peggy B said...

I love repurposing...and this is a really great holiday hang-up!

Shelley said...

Love it! Your colours are wonderful.