Saturday 19 June 2010

Fabric Charms

Another swap on the Stitches Coven group; we are to make 5 similar charms constructed out of our handmade fabric which consists of layering fabric and other materials together using Misty Fuse or in my case Heat and Bond.

I started off with a hot pink organza as the base, added some different colours of moon paper. The next layer was some glittery gauze type paper from Magenta Style along with some Mulberry paper. The next layer was some fancy threads and red netting.

After constructing this I cut out two strips and added Pellon to the back, then cut two strips and sewed the long edges with my tiny serger. I then cut these two pieces into different sizes and sewed the other edges with my Tiny Serger. I decided to use different colours of eyelets, and punched the holes with my Japanese Screw Punch then attached the eyelets with my eyelet setter.

Will be sending these off to the hostess in the next week.


1 comment:

Cat Stegall said...

love these little charms...thanks for popping in at my blog!