Monday 17 August 2009

September Quote of the month

The September quote is "I saw an angel in the marble and set him free" -Michelangelo

This time I decided to do something completely different other than a canvas or a book. In my stash I have some cone shapes that I bought when I made some angels and Santa Clause pieces many years ago.

I don't have anything that looks like marble but I had some granite finish, so I painted that on the cone. I painted a round craft wooden piece in flesh tones and added a face, then some hair; glued some stars to the body and the hair.

I printed out the quote in small font and attached it to a round wooden disc, and covered it with a piece of acetate and a frame. I took a piece of heavy wire and stapled it to the back of the form, then curled it for the arms and attached the disc. I added some little heart tags as the wings.

I know this does not look like a male angel, but I did the best I could with my drawing skills and realize it is a loose interpretation of the quote.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Very clover! (the torsos from Chris definitely aren't male, either).