Thursday 23 July 2009

July Quote of the Month

This month's quote is : "The man who has no imagination has no wings" Mohammud Ali

I have been trying to think of something a bit different for this swap and decided to make a photo or recipe card holder.

I had a small block of wood and one of those old fashioned clothespegs so thought I would use them. My DH attached the clothespeg to the small wood block and added a base.

I painted it and added some texture and colour. Added some pictures to the sides and back. I found a picture of Muhammed Ali and framed it with a chipboard frame coloured and embossed then added the quote and embossed it in clear.

For the "wings" part of the quote I added a butterfly with a piece of wire for the feelers and beaded the ends.

This will be going to my swap partner Debbie in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Carol said...

What clever and creative idea! Looks gorgeous.