Friday 3 April 2009

Playing with spoons!!

Over on Linda and Rosie's Big Adventure blog they were running a challenge for altering cutlery. I decided to play with this idea as I have a bunch of spoons that I collected over the years.

On the first one I bent the handle, then added a piece of a dictionary page and coloured it. I added some coloured Crystal Lacquer then some Glossy Accents. I placed the picture of the little girl in the centre, added some more Glossy Accents. I then added some seed beads, a fancy bead and a piece of confetti. To complete it, I added a fan charm at the bottom.

Unfortunately this did not scan well and is more colourful, and looks much better "in real life".
For my second attempt, I embossed a spoon with twinkle and opal embossing powders. I took a grunge board letter and covered it with Sookwang tape and added Glitter Ritz and attached it in the bowl.

I stamped a the number one on a piece of scrap cardstock. punched it out and added a page pebble, and attached this to the top.

I then added a couple of confetti numbers and gems to finish it. I thought this one would be good for a Numbers swap currently running on CC Swaps, but since there must be some stamping I am not sure if one stamped image is sufficient. Will have to check before signing up for the swap.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

Oh.... this is GREAT Rena!!! Everyone would love to receive this as a swap item. What a unique item to use spoons.
Chrissy

Nancy Ward said...

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this tutorial.

Would you let me know if that'sOK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com