Friday, 11 January 2008

Instant Art

I am participating in a swap hosted by Adrienne on CC Swaps, where we create several pieces of art for embellishments. They consist of decorated tags, altered slide mounts, ATC ( artist trading card) backgrounds, little beauties (embellished backgounds measuring 1.5" x 2") and a printed copyright free images. I have not included the images, as I am still deciding on which one to share.

I really enjoyed making these so I signed up twice for the swap, and this gave me an opportunity to use some items from my "stash".

These are my tags.

I used various techniques and inks, Brilliance, Fluid chalks, Opalites, and dye inks. The one with the woman's image was stamped, then covered with a paper towel coloured with watercolours; the shiny one is covered with candy wrappers. The odd shaped tags in the top row are actually thread holders, and have little cut out peices for the thread, so a person could attach another bellie to them.

Here are my slide mounts:

The first 2 on top are covered with craft paper, the 3rd with a dictionary page painted with Lumiere paints.

The 2nd row : Peeled Paint technique, Opalite inks and Mica Magic stamping, the last is covered with cancelled postage stamps.

The 3rd row: DTP (Direct-to-Paper) with pigment inks, Fluid chalks, and the 3rd one is dtp with distress ink. The final one is coloured with Pearl Ex-press watecolours.

My ATC Backgrounds:

I had several sheets of backgrounds that I had made and so just used some of them for this swap. Again, they are various techniques, wax paper resist, acrylics, Pinata` inks with gold leafing pen, brayered dye inks with H2o's, brayered inks, lumieres, crackled paint, shaving cream technique, Mica Magic resist with Fluid Chalks, and "stamp smooshie-smooshie" with a crackle stamp over it.

Little Beauties

1st row: Webbing spray with a button bellie, Kailedcolor ink covered with black dye ink then stamped with bleach, Dye ink pads directly on glossy cardstock with bellies colored with Pinata`inks, H2o's with a shrink plastic bellie.

2nd row: Brass stencil sprayed with Memory sprays then stencil paste over it coloured with Mica Magic inks, Fluid Chalks applied with Masking tape stamped UTEE bellie, Dye inks and sprayed with bleach and Monoprinting with dye inks.

Last row: Marvy Metallics technique on black glossy, Opalite inks dtp on matte black cardstock overstamped with Mica Magic and Versafine. The bellie is a jewellery finding with a picture inserted.


Susie said...

These are all so wonderful Rena, and I love the explanations!


Carol said...

These are fantastic. Love the fun shapes you did for the tags. Love the backgrounds & everything.

Annie said...

Love them Rena.